Trust Points: 1500
#811418 / Male, Age:47 /
City of residence: Qingdao
Travel to other cities: Yes
Has study experience in United Kingdom
Work Experience: 27 Year(s)
I am not only an English-Chinese interpreter, but also a very experienced business professional. That is to say, I understand business much better. My study in the University of Edinburgh with a degree of MBA provided me profound knowledge of business theories, which significantly strengthened my competence.
Having started my career 25 years ago, I have been working in international business, with experiences from both multinationals and grass-root local companies. Below are some examples:
* 1992-2002, worked in foreign companies' subsidiary in China, responsible for sourcing, QC, merchandizing, and of course, interpretation for various business meetings and conferences.
* 2001-2002, part-time IELTS lecturer and interpreter/translator. Member of Qingdao Translators Association.
* 2002, won the First Prize in Qingdao ACT Cup Interpretation Contest.
* 2002, I interpreted a 3-day conference between an EU delegation and local government for social insurance policies.
* 2002-2003, studied as a full time MBA student in the University of Edinburgh.
* 2005-2007, while working for TUV Rheinland Qingdao, I hosted the company's annual conferences in both Chinese and English, on which I interpreted speeches delivered by government officials, senior management of TUV Rheinland Group Greater China, and academic presentations by TUV Rheinland experts.
* 2005, assisted China's first tractor whole-vehicle type approval tests against EU safety standards for a client of TUV Rheinland. During the testing period, I organized technical meeting and interpreted trainings of EU safety regulations for engineers in YTO Group.
* 2008-2012, established export team for INDUC (Qingdao) Commercial Electrics Co Ltd, and organized and implemented industrial exhibitions in Chicago, Singapore and Milan.
* 2012, as a key member, participated in proof-reading of national standard of commercial kitchen equipment.
* 2012, on behalf of INDUC and regulating government bodies, submitted proposal to establish an international safety standard for "Commercial Integrated Kitchen".
* 2012-2016, worked for ESTATE, which is a multi-brand retailer of premium/luxury fashion products. I chaired and hosted various exhibitions, VIP customer events, interpreted meetings and negotiations.
* 2008-2016, visited customers and suppliers on regular basis in the UK, Italy, France, Spain, Finland, Hong Kong and Singapore.
* Majority of the company's training literature were written by me in both English and Chinese.
Per Day ( 8 hours )
English - Chinese
. Apparel & Fashion
. Business Services
. Electronic Components & Supplies
. Excess Inventory
. Food & Beverage
. Gifts & Crafts
. Home Appliances
. Home Supplies
. Industrial Supplies
. Luggage, Bags & Cases
. Office Supplies
. Packaging & Paper
. Printing & Publishing
. Sports & Entertainment
. Textiles & Leather Products
. Travel / Leisure